Keeping SAS sites free of any shady or bad actors
The site auditing process is a mandatory step that is connected to the site creation in Sizmek Ad Suite and is owned by the Publisher Care Team, working closely with the ServicEngine Team. The process is simple, and take 1-2h per site including the creation.
The process consists of:
- The PubCare Team will do a brief check and either reactivate an internalized site or send it for creation to Service Engine
- Service Engine will then: Run the site's Domain URL through an anti-bot/anti-malware software (we use VirusTotal),
- Visit the Domain URL and checking for any signs of:
- Fraudulent/malicious content
- Adult Content
- Checking the site deeper, through the links and article pages for the same type of content
- If everything looks normal, we confirm the audit and the site creation takes place.
- (step still being discussed with legal) If there is malicious content, we make a note of it and inform the requester that the site creation cannot be finished due to the audit results, and we/they should reach out to the site to have them double-check.
How To Submit a Ticket
Task-related communication is always handled via the Zendesk ticketing system.
Simple questions can be handled via e-mail or chat.
- Change the field [Form] from the default "Sizmek Support" to "Publisher Care",
- Select the request type "site audit" from any of the two fields - [Request Type] or [Internal Request Type],
- Fill out as many fields as you can, as that will help reduce the back and forth to gather all the info,
- Add a subject line that briefly explains the request,
- On the right-hand side, under Sizmek Field Selector (for zendesk users only):
- Select "Sizmek Ad Suite" under [System],
- Select the Account Type,
- Search and select the appropriate entity name,
- Explain in detail what the task is about and what is required from Publisher Care,
- Submit the ticket.