- MDX: Manage > Ads > New > Design New HTML5 Ad > Components > Video
- Sizmek Advertising Suite: Creative > Ads > New Ad > Design HTML5 Ads > Components > Video
The Video component in Ad Builder enables you to add a video to your HTML5 ad. By default, the Video component is displayed on load, is muted and includes a control bar. You can modify these settings and define the video to autoplay, after several seconds, on desktops and mobiles devices and make the video a Dynamic Creative element in the ad.
You can upload multiple formats of your video, ensuring cross-browser compatibility. For example, if you want to improve your video play on Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers, choose both MP4 or the WebM formats of your video.
Rules and Guidelines
- Video Asset Size: In the Sizmek Advertising Suite, the Ad Builder Video component supports adding a video asset up to 100 MB.
- Video Ad Duration: It is recommended that you upload a video with a duration that does not include a fractional part of a second. For example, upload a video that is either 14 or 15 seconds long, and not 14.1 seconds. In such cases, the metric that counts video 100% viewed will not be applied.
Dynamic Creative Videos
A video can serve as a Dynamic Creative element by setting the video as a Dynamic Element in the Properties panel. In Ad Builder, you configure the initial default video and then proceed to configure additional versions in the platform.
Configuring the General Video Settings
- In Ad Builder, click Components and select Video.
The video is placed on the canvas and the Video Properties panel is displayed.
- (Optional) You can change the basic video settings including changing the opacity rate in the Opacity field, enabling sound by removing mute in the Muted field, and hiding the control bar in the Show Control Bar.
- In the Select/Upload Poster File area, upload a poster image using any image type to serve as a placeholder. The poster image can be of any image type.
- In the Select/Upload Video File area, upload the video. It is recommended to use the
- You can set the video to auto play immediately when the video starts as described in Configuring Video Autoplay section.
Configuring Video Autoplay
Video autoplay allows advertisers to deliver a richer ad experience by playing a segment of the video automatically when the ad loads. Mobile video autoplay is blocked on a number of iOS and Android devices; however, Ad Builder works around this restriction by allowing creative designers to add video autoplay functionality. Video autoplay runs as a native video on devices supporting this feature. For devices that do not support native, an alternate canvas-based video is produced.
The following rules and guidelines apply to mobile video autoplay:
- Supported Video Type:
- File Size: 50 MB for each file.
- Duration: Unlimited.
- Sound: This feature is supported but is disabled by default.
- Enabling autoplay on existing ads: To add autoplay to an existing ad, remove the video component, and add a new video component with autoplay to the ad.
- Dynamic Creative: Autoplay on mobile devices uses the version created in Ad Builder. On desktop devices, Dynamic Creative functions as expected.
Video autoplay is disabled and only becomes active when the Autoplay After field is enabled, and a compatible
MP4 video file is uploaded.
- Create an ad in Ad Builder.
- From the Components panel, add the Video component to the canvas.
- Click the video Properties panel.
- In the Select/Upload Video File area upload a video.
Note: While the Video component supports up to three video assets, only the first will serve as the autoplay video.
- In the Autoplay After field, type the number of milliseconds to set when you want the desktop autoplay to start running. The default is zero, which starts the autoplay immediately.
- Select the Autoplay on Mobile check box to enable autoplay to run on mobile.
Note: When this check box is selected, a series of images (sprite sheets) is created and used to simulate video autoplay on older mobile browsers. An image is created for roughly every second of video time, for example, a 15 second video is converted to 15 images. Note that when served on these older browsers, ads that enable mobile video autoplay generate more file requests than on newer browsers. Instead of fetching and playing a single file (the video), they need to fetch multiple image files.
- Preview and test the autoplay on a mobile device and/or browser that does not include native support for autoplay.
Video Actions, Animations, and Events
The video events are:
- On Video Play: The action is triggered when the video starts playing.
- On Video End: The action is triggered when the video ends.
- On Video Pause: The action is triggered when the video pauses.
- On Error: The action is triggered when an error occurs with the video.
- On Cue Point (0.0 sec): The video cue point event enables you to assign actions and animations to execute at specific cue points within a video. This event allows creative users to author animations without writing code, that are connected to what is happening in the video. For more information, see HOW TO: Create Time Sync Ads Using the Cue Point Event in Videos.
- In Ad Builder, access the Actions & Animations panel and click Create New Event.
- Click Add Action and select a video action.
- Select the target video.