- MDX: Manage > Ads > New Ad > Design HTML5 Ad > Template Gallery > Formats
- Sizmek Advertising Suite: Creative > Ads > New Ad > Design HTML5 Ads > Template Gallery > Formats
Important: To view and gain access to the Formats tab in the Templates Gallery, please contact your Sizmek client services manager.
Ad Builder for HTML5 enables you to use a set of customized templates to create your StrikeAd-compatible ads, and then serve them on the Sizmek platforms and the StrikeAd server. These templates are located on the Basic tab in the Ad Builder Templates Gallery. The template names differ from the StrikeAd names and therefore may require minor adjustments.
Note: In the Sizmek Advertising Suite, Polite ads are referred to as Rich Media.
The following table shows the mapping between the StrikeAd formats and the correlating Ad Builder formats.
|StrikeAd Format||Ad Builder Compatible Format|
300 x 250 (IAB Medium Rectangle)
300 x 600 (IAB Half Page)
728 x 90 (IAB Leaderboard)
300 x 50 (X-Large)
320 x 50 (XX-Large)
320 x 480
Note: Sizmek also provides a set of Sizmek Vantage specs to create compatible Sizmek Vantage ads in the MDX2.0 platform. For more information, see OVERVIEW: Sizmek Vantage Specs.
Create StrikeAd-Compatible Ads in Ad Builder
- Access the Ad Builder Welcome Page > Template Gallery.
- Click Formats.
- In the left pane, select your required template and click Create.
The new ad is created based on the template in Ad Builder. A predefined name is given to the ad based on the following naming convention: <user><DD-MM-YY>xxxxxx (this is a random five digit number). You can choose to rename the ad or leave as is and then proceed to customize the ad to your needs.
- Click Save. The ad is automatically saved and uploaded to the platform in which you are currently working.
- Click Edit Ad Setup to open the ad in the platform.
- Proceed to traffic the ad in the Sizmek platform, depending on the platform you are working in - MDX2.0 or the Sizmek Advertising Suite.
Trafficking Your StrikeAds Ads in the MDX2.0 Platform
- MDX: Manage > Ads > < [Ad_Name] > Ad Settings
After you save your ad in Ad Builder, you can proceed to serve the ad. The as is automatically uploaded to the platform and opens in the Ad Settings page.
- In Ad Settings, configure the ad settings and save the ad.
- In the Campaign Attachment section, assign the ad to the campaign, advertiser, and placement, and click Save. For more information, see Assign the ad to your campaign.
- Publish the Ad.
- Generate Placement Tags.
Trafficking Your StrikeAd Ads in the Sizmek Advertising Suite
- Sizmek Advertising Suite: Creative > Ads > [Ad_Name] > Setup
After creating and saving your ad in Ad Builder, you can proceed to serve the ad. The ad it is automatically uploaded to the Sizmek Advertising Suite and opens in the Setup page.
- In Setup, configure the ad settings and save the ad.
- Assign the ad to the campaign, advertiser, and placement and then click Save. For more information, see HOW TO: Traffic Your Campaign in Simple Mode.
- Publish the ad and generate placement tags. For more information, see OVERVIEW: Publish Placements.
Importing a Single Creative to the StrikeAd Platform
- My Campaigns > Campaigns > [Campaign Name] > Creatives
You can import the following types of single creatives to your campaign:
- Click to conversion
- VAST Video
- Native Ads
- On the Creatives page of the campaign to which you want to add the creative, click Single Creative, and from the list, select the type of creative you want to upload.
Note: If you are adding an image creative, you can also drag the image on the Creatives page.
- Enter the parameters for the creative. For more information, see REFERENCE: Campaign Settings - Creatives.
- Add macros to code text, and/or encode links in the code text. For more information, see HOW TO: Add a Macro and Encode Code in the Text.
- Click Save Creative. The creative is uploaded, given a unique ID, and added to the list of creatives on the Creatives page.
Importing Ads in Bulk to the StrikeAd Platform
- My Campaigns > Campaigns > [Campaign Name] > Creatives
You can add your script creatives to an Excel worksheet, and then upload the creatives in bulk to your campaign. In addition, you can add macros and encode URLs either before or after you upload the worksheet to the platform.
- Use one of the following options to open an Excel worksheet:
- Download an empty template from the StrikeAd platform (Creatives > Export List > Empty Template).
- Open a blank Excel worksheet. Make sure that you copy the identical column structure from the empty template in the platform.
- Use an Excel worksheet containing a list of existing creatives (Creatives > Export List > Existing Creatives List). Delete the details of the existing creatives in the worksheet. Make sure that you do not delete any of the column headings.
- In the Excel worksheet, enter the details of the creatives you want to import into the template using a separate row for each creative. If you leave the Creative id field blank the platform will populate this field during the import process.
The following image is an example of an Excel worksheet with the creative details.
- (Optional) Add macros and/or encode URLs in any of the code fields.
- On the Creatives page, click Bulk Upload, and then click Import from XLSX.
- Browse to the file you want to import and click Open.
The file is validated. If there are no errors, the file is imported and the creatives are added to the campaign.
Fixing Errors Following Bulk Upload
If there are errors, an error report is displayed. You must correct all errors and then try to import the creatives from the Excel worksheet again.