You can create an ad from a template when you are new to Sizmek and would like to build an ad based on one of Sizmek's templates. All you have to do is select a template, replace all of the graphics with your graphics, and modify the code to suit your needs.
You can either use one of the standard templates or a local template.
The following standard templates are available with the Ad Builder for Flash:
- Enhanced Standard Banners: An ad that consists of a GIF or Flash File that loads together with the page. After the page loads, a heavier Flash asset loads and replaces the original light version.
- Expandable Ad: An ad that starts in a banner space and then either automatically or upon user initiation expands outside of the banner. For more information, see Expandable Banner.
- In-Stream Ad: Ads that appear before, in the middle, or after video content. Linear and non-linear elements are supported for VAST and VPAID industry standards. For more, see Building In-Stream Ads.
- Polite Banner: An ad that consists of a GIF or Flash file that loads together with the page, after the page finishes loading, a heavier Flash asset loads and replaces the original light version. For more information, see Polite Banner.
- PushDown Banner: An ad that starts in a banner space and then expands outside of the banner by pushing down the content below the ad. For more information, see PushDown Banner.
- Single Expandable: An Expandable ad that uses only one Flash file. For more information, see Single Expandable.
- Standard Banner: An ad that consists of an image or Flash file that loads together with the page. For more information, see Standard Banner.
- From the opening screen, click New from Template.
- In the Name field, enter a unique name for your ad.
- In the Ad Folder field, search for the name of the folder where you want all of your ad's assets to be saved.
- Select the Create a new folder for this ad checkbox, if you want to create a new folder under the selected folder.
Note: This checkbox is selected by default.
- Select the ActionScript version.
- Select your Default Image. Adding a default image is a mandatory step in the ad creation process.
- If you are creating an ad based on a Sizmek template, then expand the Sizmek Templates folder and select the template you require.
If you have already created a template and would like to work on it, expand the My Local Templates folder and select the template. For more information, see Saving an Ad as a Template.
- To view more information and to see a demo of the format, click the main folder with the name of the format.
All of the ad's information and demo are displayed in the right panel as follows:
- Click Create.
If you do not see a template with the format you are looking for, click More Templates.Here you can see templates for all of the ad formats that Sizmek supports, including templates with advanced features, such as Sync Ads, Smart Versioning, etc.