Follow this workflow to make your Google Web Designer HTML5 ads Sizmek Polite compatible:
Before proceeding please make sure that you completed all of the steps marked in this guide in order to be able to work with our API within GWD - Google Web Designer | Setting Up a Project
1. Set up the project
Once you've setup your project with our base "Adkit" component using the "Richbanner" option from the window properties and all the other steps from this guide you can proceed to develop your banner.
2. Setup Interaction Tracking
Your every project needs to have one main EB.clickthrough();
For information on setting it up as well as other tracking instructions, please visit: Google Web Designer | Tracking Interactions
Videos and YouTube videos in sizmek components are tracked automatically.
3. Design your ad
Use the GWD Video component or our youtube and Dynamic components to bring rich dynamic content to your ads.
4. Set a default image
Create/add a default image to your build - Google Web Designer | Setting a Default Image
5. Paste the default image to the publish folder
Your default image from previous step needs to be placed in the publish folder.
If you are building Dynamic Creative, navigate to your publish folder and make sure that the initial dynamic item content like videos and images referenced in your config.js are present there.
6.Publish the ad
Make sure settings are as below - all mandatory except border color:
verify it works as intended.
7. Zip up
select all relevant assets in the publish folder and zip them up - upload / deliver the ad.
Google Web Designer index and component installation guide:
Using Sizmek API functionalities & Sizmek GWD components:
- Google Web Designer | Setting Up a Project
- Google Web Designer | Tracking Interactions
- Google Web Designer | Video Component
- Google Web Designer | YouTube Component
- Google Web Designer | Dynamic Creative
For information on building Sizmek HTML5 base formats please visit:
- Google Web Designer | Setting a Default Image
- Google Web Designer | Standard Banner
- Google Web Designer | Polite Banner
- Google Web Designer | Expandable Banner
- Google Web Designer | Converting DoubleClick Ads