Before proceeding please make sure that you completed all of the steps marked in this guide in order to be able to work with our API within the Animate cc. - Animate CC | Setting Up a Project
1. Prepare your project and setup publish options
Follow this guide to set up your project:
Animate CC | Setting Up a Project
Please make sure to load the relevant modules in "Actions > Global > Script"
If 'EBAPI' and 'EBCMD' are both in EBModulesToLoad, please ensure that EBCMD is last.
EBModulesToLoad = ['Video','EBAPI','EBCMD'];
- EBCMD module is used for MRAID compliance
- Video module is used for tracking Videos
- EBAPI module is used to get access to EBAPI methods
2. Design the ad
This is a very unstructured part of the guide where a designer designs the actual ad. Having left the creation process open, we do need to adhere to some structuring rules:
a) Do not loop over the timeline if you have script keyframes on the timeline - it will cause multiple event listeners to respond with multiple event handlers on the same movie clips.
b) Always either set "this.stop()" at the very end of the ad's timeline, or disable looping on publish options.
3. Track interactions
Please refer to this guide on tracking interactions:
4. Track any videos you may have.
Please refer to this guide on tracking videos:
5. Create a default image
- Create a static - raster version of your ad with the exact size of the banner - E.g. 300x250.
- Make sure it has no calls to action in shape of a button within the static image for the same reasons as the step above.
- Default images need to have a distinctive border, please make sure to give it a "1px black solid" style, if your ad is predominantly black, please use a color that would make the border distinguishable.
Example of a default image:
5. Place the default image in to your "publish folder" and zip it up together with your other Animate CC publish files and config.js for upload.
You can now deliver or upload your ad to the platform.
Index and Glossary:
Using Sizmek API functionalities:
- Animate CC | Setting Up a Project
- Animate CC | Tracking Interactions
- Animate CC | Tracking Videos
- Animate CC | Dynamic Creative
For information on building Sizmek HTML5 base formats please visit: