I: Converting an existing GWD DoubleClick Ad.
If you already have an existing project that was made using the 'DoubleClick' environment instead of 'Generic', you can still easily convert them to Sizmek ads without having to re build the project from scratch.
- Open the existing project in Google Ad Designer.
- Change interface to Code View.
- Remove two DoubleClick specific scripts:
In the section of the HTML code, search for the gwddoubleclick_min.js and Enabler.js scripts and delete them:
- Modify gwd- ad wrapper name:
In the of the document change the div wrapper <gwd-doubleclick to <gwd-genericad
Make sure you change this for both the opening and closing tags:
- Save your files and close the project.
- Re-open the project.
The ad will have been automatically converted to the 'generic' ad environment.
Important: If you have specific DoubleClick code within your ad (for example, a doubleClick clickTag) this will need to be removed and updated with the sizmek code outlined in this guide. If you are using special doubleClick/GWD components, these will also need to be modified and/or removed. For more information on supported GWD components, please see Appendix
Now you can follow any of our other guides on Google Web Designer
Google Web Designer index and component installation guide:
Using Sizmek API functionalities & Sizmek GWD components:
- Google Web Designer | Setting Up a Project
- Google Web Designer | Tracking Interactions
- Google Web Designer | Video Component
- Google Web Designer | YouTube Component
- Google Web Designer | Dynamic Creative