The purpose of this page is to provide guidelines on setting up a project in google web designer.
Once you complete all of the steps in the process, you can proceed to develop the ad, and use our "Creative API" to Track interactions or set dynamic values, or use video / youtube and dynamic components.
1. Create a new Blank File
Start building our banner as a "Non-Google Ad" so that you don't have to remove the excess "Studio Enabler" code every time you publish the project and want to test it.
Please make sure that you always select this option before starting to build your ad.
if you are building a single expandable please select an expandable format on your left hand side and "Non-Google Ad" as Environment. Make sure that the expanded dimensions are setup accurately, and in pixels rather than percentage. Also ensure that the expansion mode is default (not responsive).
2. Add a base Sizmek Component to your stage
If you haven't installed any of those two / don't see them in components view, please go to Google Web Designer article for more info and resources:
Based on your target format you can select either standard Banner for "Standard Banner Format", or "Polite Universal" which covers Polite and Expandable ads. - both api's support dynamic creative.
- Polite Universial component with our Creative API and all it's Modules loaded. (Use for Polite and Expandable Formats - supports Dynamic creative)
- Standard Banner Component - Provides only base functionalities - supports Dynamic creative.
adKit Standard Banner
3. Deploy a base component instance on to the stage
Position the base component off stage and select a config file in properties of the component instance.
If you are building a "non dynamic creative banner" you can download an empty config.js and select it in your component instance properties.
If you are building a "dynamic creative banner" you can visit this page for more info on creating your config.js file : Google Web Designer | Dynamic Creative
4. Configure Publish settings
Go to "File > Publish Locally", and make sure your settings look exactly like the below(border too):
You can now proceed to design your ad.
Google Web Designer index and component installation guide:
Using Sizmek API functionalities & Sizmek GWD components:
- Google Web Designer | Setting Up a Project
- Google Web Designer | Tracking Interactions
- Google Web Designer | Video Component
- Google Web Designer | YouTube Component
- Google Web Designer | Dynamic Creative