Important: The back-up image must be the exact dimensions of your ad, or the initial - non expanded state of your single expandable banner. Once uploaded to the platform, the dimensions of the ad is determined by the dimensions of the backup image.
1. Create your default image
- Create a static - raster version of your ad with the exact size of the banner - E.g. 300x250.
- Make sure it has no calls to action in shape of a button within the static image for the same reasons as the step above.
- Default images need to have a distinctive border, please make sure to give it a "1px black solid" style, if your ad is predominantly black, please use a color that would make the border distinguishable.
Example of a default image:
- All ads served on sizmek must have a backup image within the workspace folder unless it's a dynamic default image referenced from outside of the workspace for versioning purposes.
2. Add the default image to your project
You can either copy the image directly into your published project folder, or add it through the interface(much cleaner).
To add it through the interface, make sure you are in Design View.
- Go to Library > Add Asset.
- Save the file. - this will cause GWD to collect your default image as a dependency and push it to publish folder on publish automatically.
Alternatively you can also paste the default image to the publish folder but that is known to be generating extra work when changing publish directories.
Google Web Designer index and component installation guide:
Using Sizmek API functionalities & Sizmek GWD components:
- Google Web Designer | Setting Up a Project
- Google Web Designer | Tracking Interactions
- Google Web Designer | Video Component
- Google Web Designer | YouTube Component
- Google Web Designer | Dynamic Creative