Assisted Certification helps ensure harmonized measurement
Assisted Certification will compare the measurement data on top of checking; whether the banners render and display correctly. This certification helps prevent systemic measurement discrepancies by comparing data from a test campaign in both - publisher Adserver and SAS. In order to collect data for your test, a dedicated test campaign should be created with placements for each ad format, ad dimension, and site that needs to be tested (we need to generate and send you a separate tag for each test we want to compare data for). Your test campaign will be created for you by the Publisher Care team. If you want to protect against discrepancies with advanced formats - go for Assisted Certification.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Please download the test campaign submission form. Provide the list of sites, ad formats, and dimensions you want to certify. Please select "Request Tags for Data Comparison" in this publisher form and submit a ticket with the submission form attached. The team will set up the test campaign for you and will provide you with the test tags.
2. Implement the test ad tags on test pages that authentically represent the live environment the ads are expected to run on for the live campaign. In case you are from an agency - share the tags with the relevant publisher(s) and ask them to go through the steps below.
3. Test the ad functionality by following the general testing guidelines listed below:
- Is the banner displaying?
- Is the banner displayed in the correct position without any misalignment?
- Is the banner obstructing site content due to the incorrect z-index?
- Is the banner fully functional? (Buttons are working, video is playing, the panel is expanding, etc.)
- Is the banner staying in place when zooming the page in and out, and while scrolling?
- Is the video displaying properly?
- Are the Skip/Close buttons visible on the ad?
- Are all buttons properly functioning? (VAST 3.0, VPAID)
4. In addition to the general guidelines above, check for specific guidelines, which are provided in the Specific Testing Guidelines column, in the tables of the formats that require it.
5. After you have confirmed the creative functionality, traffic the ad for a live test on a live page for at least 2k-5k impressions. This will help create a large enough sample to surface potential discrepancies.
6. Should you need any assistance while running the tests, you may reach out to us via the publisher form by choosing "Assistance Required" with a subject line briefly explaining the issue, while a detailed issue should be explained in the description.
7. Once the tests are completed, submit summary reports by submitting a ticket via the "Submit Test Results" request type, in the publisher form. Please include a device breakdown for better data comparison.
8. If the tests are completed successfully, we will update our records of certified sites for future reference.
9. If the tests yield discrepancies or any creative issues, we will investigate those and update you on the next steps.