Getting Around the Sizmek Platform
Click the following image to learn how to get around the Sizmek platform.
The Navigation and Action menu enables you to go from a location in the platform to related entities and perform various actions.
For example, from a specific campaign, you can drill down and view the media plan for the campaign, add placements, or drill up and view details about the advertiser and account to which this campaign belongs.
The actions that are displayed in the Navigation and Action menu vary according to the page you are viewing. For example, in a specific campaign, you can perform related actions such as add a new placement, view the IO, or publish placements.
The List view displays a detailed list of an entity, for example, all advertisers under an account. From this view, you can use the quick links to navigate to related entities.
Quick Edit View
The Quick Edit view is displayed when want to quickly view or edit an entity's setup from the List view.
The Detailed view displays all of the information about a specific entity and enables you to navigate to other relevant flows. For example, the detailed view of a specific campaign displays flows such as media plan, ads, and click-through & events.
- Global Search: Enables you to perform the following types of searches:
- Search for specific entities by name and ID, for example, account: demo.
- Find all matching entities for a specific name, for example, demo.
- Search within context, for example, Site: MSN.
- Exact search using " " (double quotes).
- Search using "," (comma), for example, Site: cnn, abc news.
- List Search: Enables you to search the list on a page, for example, Placement list, by IDs, names, and other properties or fields that belong to the entity. You can perform more advanced searches by using multiple filters in your search. The following table shows examples of searches you can perform.
|No operator||Free text.||
|%keyword%:||Filters the entities by the %keyword%.||
Filters the entities:
by %Entity_Type% ID
or %Entity_Type% Name
|" " (white space)||Filters by an entity that matches term A and term B.||
|" " (quotes)||Filters by the exact string within the quotes.||
|- (hyphen)||Used for dates.||
|Used for numeric ranges.||
|() (parentheses)||Used to group expressions together.||
Export to Microsoft Excel
You can export selected rows or all rows from a list in the platform to a .csv file and copy multiple IDs to the clipboard.
How Inheritance Affects Settings
When you create a new entity, the values that you define for that entity are passed as defaults to the levels below, however, you can modify these settings at each level.
Any settings that you modify on the parent level after the entity is set up do not override the existing settings in the levels below.
Use the following table to find terms that were commonly used in the Sizmek MDX platform but have been updated in the Sizmek MDX NXT platform.
|Sizmek MDX Term||Sizmek MDX NXT Term|
|Ad copy||Placement ad|
|Polite Banner||Rich Media Banner|
|Third Party Tracking||Events|
Your browser settings determine your user locale and the format for dates and numbers. Any changes that you want to make to your locale must be done in your browser settings. For example, in Google Chrome, perform these steps:
- In the Google Chrome browser bar, click Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Under Languages, click Language and input settings.
- Choose your default language.